Fair warning: Put on your thick skin. This just might hurt a bit. This process is going to be long. It is rare that naming your company happens quickly or easily.
Kevin and Amy dive even deeper into the process of creating an amazing and powerful name that is on brand. They discuss the importance of NOT rushing through this process.
Here is what is included:
- Play around with “nyms”: synonyms, antonyms, and homonyms.
- Create new words out of other words. All good ideas are two things combined together. You can do this with words. If you take two words and combined then to create an entirely new meaning.
- The Phoenix Effect or “just sleep on it!”
- The Consignment Shop Strategy using JustDropped
- Don’t lock yourself into a concept that isn’t too restricted
- Don’t eliminate ideas
- Keep your brand emotional connection in mind at all times!
Additional Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Robo Bunny
- Check out Kevin’s blog Names for Social Networks where he discusses the process of coming up with the name Flock Marketing for his business.
- United States Patent And Trademark Office — Type the name or word that you are considering in the the search field at the top right of the page and see what comes up.