The Magician Archetype
The Big Idea: TRANSFORM! Make dreams come true.
Several archetypes can be broken into 2 or more sub-archetypes. The Magician is one of those. The Sub-Archetypes are:
Focuses on all things magical.
Focuses on the process of transformation.
The Magician might be right for you...
- Does your business provide life-changing products and services?
- Is your business on the cutting edge of your industry?
- Is your brand based on intrigue, enlightenment, renewal, rebirth, growth or transformation?
- Are your products/services differentiated from competitors by providing a transformation or better way of doing things?
- Do your products, services or processes feel, in any way, magical?
Change Should Not Be Feared
The Magician makes people feel that anything is possible and dreams can come true. They turn dreams into reality. The Magician excites, mesmerizes, uplifts and enlightens.
Are You Believed?
The Magician brand has to be careful to not come off as manipulative. Being manipulated is one of this brands’ biggest fears. Even though the Magician provides transformation and dreams, it still has to be imbued with a level of trust. If you are too fantastical you will lose your audience's trust.
Let’s find a solution!
The Magician brand is great at finding win-win solutions that no one else thought about it. They do things differently ... and better ... and cutting edge. Anyone who has ever bought anything is seeking to make a change. The Magician is uniquely qualified to tap into this mindset.
Don’t Believe Your Eyes
The Magician runs the risk of being seen as too fantastical or unbelievable. People still need to feel that they connect with this brand. This can be an unintended negative consequence of the Magician brand.