The Big Idea: Rules were made to broken!
Several archetypes can be broken into 2 or more sub-archetypes. The Outlaw is one of those. The Sub-Archetypes are:
Rule breaker. Goes against the status quo.
Thrives on risk and is the life of the party
Willing to fearlessly explore the unknown
Is Your Business an Outlaw?
- Is your team is willing to bend/break the rules to get things done?
- Do your customers feel energized and revved up?
- Are your clients given a freedom they didn’t have before?
- Do your customers value innovation and risks?
- Are your products and services outside the box and challenge the status quo?
- Do people buy your products and service because they are different than everything else?
Speak Up! Speak Out!
The Outlaw Brand defies the status quo and doesn’t apologize. They energize, take risks, and find ways to fix and make better. Sometimes the rules need to be bent or broken. The Outlaw is willing to go there when others are not.
It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye!
The Outlaw Brand has the ability to takes things too far, to offend and to be overly critical. Rule-breaking may be an idea that rubs some people the wrong way.
Life is Thrilling!
Provide the thrill, the risk, the adrenaline your clients are seeking. Be the catalyst for change by going out on a ledge. Be brave when others can’t. Do the undoable. Achieve the impossible!
Fight the Power! The worst thing for an Outlaw brand is to feel powerless, constrained, and unable to evoke change. Being "common" or "traditional" is worse than being "wrong."