Here are the ten commandments of branding that I reference in this podcast:
- Hyper-focus on your strategy
- No flip-flopping
- Be Consistent
- Know your emotions
- Avoid all other emotions
- What’s the energy level of your strategy?
- Understand The Law of Attraction (stay positive people)
- Know your target audience demographics & psychographics
- Establish personas
- Create a tribe
- Know that people hate being sold to, but they love to buy
- Create GREAT products and services
- Create GREAT customer service
- Know your competition
- Know how you’ll position yourself amongst your competitors
- Lead the market — Don’t chase your competitors (let them chase you)
- Over-value (not under) the need for great marketing
- Don’t try to do everything. Take things a little bite at a time.
- Dabble and explore
- Great identity (logo, tagline, fonts, colors, etc.)
- Avoid re-branding
- Embrace it!
- BE authentic
- BE relevant
- Keep it simple stupid — The KISS principle
- BE memorable
- TEST EVERYTHING
- At first, you might not have time OR $ to do this
- Start small and scale up as you grow.
- If you’re not testing, you’re not marketing!
It’s a quick one. Circa 1950’s.
Leave a Comment