Amy is so excited for today! Her favorite: Marketing the Outlaw Archetype, and the one that represents her company Zeedia Media.
Today’s podcast is for all you rebellious, contrarian, authority-questioners… for all you radical, free-spirited, wind-in-the-hair types! The Outlaw is also commonly referred to as The Rebel.
The following are the most critical aspects of being an Outlaw Brand:
- Confident. Understanding that, deep in your core, you believe that your way of doing things is the best way … despite the fact that the masses of other business owners do “it” differently.Whatever IT is.
- Independent. They’re not social butterflies but they do like to hang with like-minded people.
- Fresh Thinking. It’s not just being different for the sake of being different. You look at a situation and NOT view it as a process that you’ve done before and will do it again the same way … BUT, as a new opportunity to explore fresh, exciting, different ways of doing the same task.
- Leadership. When you consider the concept of “Leadership”, we generally attribute that big idea to The Hero archetype, but the Outlaw has its own flavor of leadership. They are trendsetters.
- Fearlessness. Outlaws are risk-takers and push boundaries. You have to be true to your brand despite the people you will rub the wrong way – and you will. If you aren’t making at least a handful of people uncomfortable, your Outlaw brand isn’t strong enough.
- Exclusivity. You need to make your clients and customers feel like they are part of the gang. Don’t be afraid to require them to do something in order to get a special deal or be part of an event. This is called providing “Gated Offers” and is a fantastic concept for the Outlaw. Listen in for examples of how to do this.
- Rebelliousness. Being a rebel because that’s just who you are and you find enjoyment in that mind-space (think about how hoards of Harley Davidson owners feel when they’re out riding) … it’s liberating. AND, more to the point, that kind of thinking can be contagious.
- Radically Provocative. Your actions and messaging push people outside of their comfort zones. You get people to “react” powerfully, because of your provocative ideas. This provocative idea shifts them from an intellectual space to an emotional one. This is a controlled redirect. It’s not random – it’s intentional. You’re getting your audience to change their actions based on powerful emotions. Isn’t that really what marketing is all about?
Marketing the Outlaw Brand with Words
Some words that go with The Outlaw are: exclusive, fearless, radical, strong, unconventional, assertive, beyond doubt, blunt, compelling, candid, brazen, dashing, enterprising, gallant, heavy, innovative, intense. You get the idea.
Ideas for Outlaw Marketing
Tune in to hear about several ways Amy and her Zeedia Media mobsters embrace their Outlaw badass persona, Get inspired.
- Questions? Call us! … If you’re trying to be an Outlaw and have questions for us, please reach out.
- If you liked some of the ideas in this podcast, know that we refreshed ourselves by pulling up our own Outlaw Word Bank. — Yep, we use them ALL THE TIME!!! We think you should too. $29.95
- Follow us on Facebook